The inception of the Southside Pregnancy Center in 1984 was the result of a handful of people from southwest area churches recognizing the great need to assist women in crisis pregnancies. Our founders were motivated by the Christian example of giving practical help for mothers in need by providing life-affirming helps.
Southside Pregnancy Center is a not-for-profit, non-denominational 501c(3) agency. Financial and volunteer support is provided by a variety of local churches, businesses and individuals.
Our FREE services include:
- Pregnancy testing
- Limited obstetrical ultrasound for pregnancy diagnosis
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Emotional and spiritual support for decision processing
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
- Maternity and baby items (clothes, diapers, baby furniture and other necessities)
- Parenting support for moms and dads
- Men's Services
- Crisis pregnancy intervention
- Dad's mentoring program
- Bible study
- Educational classes
- Life skills
- Post-abortion support group
Also provided are referrals to community resources, agencies, assistance in obtaining medical care and housing.